ONE PERSON TESTS POSITIVE FOR COVID-19 AT RTL
The RTL worked closely with the DSP to identify employees who were in contact with this person. The DSP will contact these employees to take the appropriate measures, depending on their condition, and the RTL will be informed whether it must take any action involving them.
As per the directives from the DSP, we will not release any details about the bus routes this person worked on. We remind users that, as recommended by the DSP, anyone showing symptoms of COVID-19 should call 1-877-644-4545.
We also wish to remind you that the coronavirus can only survive for three hours on dry surfaces, and that we have stepped up cleanings of all high-touch surfaces in our buses. Several other measures have also been put in place for our employees and users. You can consult them on the COVID-19 page of our website.
Reminder of hygiene measures
Please take note of the hygiene measures recommended by the DSP to reduce the risk of infection:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water, for at least 15- 20 seconds. When soap and water are not available, the use of an alcohol-based hand sanitizer is recommended;
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth without first washing your hands;
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
- Observe hygiene practices when coughing/sneezing/blowing your nose:
- Cover your mouth and nose with your arm or the crook of your elbow;
- Keep away from people to reduce the spread of germs;
- If you use a paper tissue, discard it immediately and wash your hands afterwards.
The RTL will not grant interviews on this subject and will not provide any comments.
About the RTL
The Réseau de transport de Longueuil (RTL) is the main transit provider for individuals within the five cities that comprise the Agglomération de Longueuil.
The third-largest public transit organization in Québec, the RTL operates a network of 793 kilometres. With some 1,100 employees, the RTL is a major employer that contributes to the economic vitality of the region.
Ever receptive to its users, the RTL plays a key role in the lives of the people and the communities it serves by providing solutions that are efficient, innovative, and adapted to the evolving needs
of its clientele. Improving quality of life for the citizens of the Agglomération de Longueuil is a top priority for the RTL.